Introducing Felix

I had a lot of spare time this weekend, so I decided to work on my folding bike project.  I installed the rear wheel assembly I’d put together a few weeks ago, bent the rear fender back into shape, routed the chain, installed the new cotter into the crank, and voila, the bike is back on two wheels!


Granted, Felix (the bike is of Austrian manufacture, so I chose an Austrian name) still needs a lot of work until I can take him for a spin.  The chain needs to be shortened and the drive train re-tensioned, the bearings in the front hub need to be replaced, the seat has seen better days, I need shorter brake calipers for the front, and I’ll probably need to fix or replace the bottom bracket.  But, it’s coming along quite nicely.

Once all that’s done, I can work on the cosmetics…